Our client is a top tier financial institution with diverse business. They are looking for a Portfolio Manager (Absolute Return focus) to join their team. Product knowledge and investment experience is highly preferred. This position offers excellent salary package and transparent opportunity for career progression. Additional responsibilities are to contribute toward thought leadership within the Absolute Return team, the client base and the wider business.
1. You will be required to research, analyze and value companies, providing bottom up forecasts and investment recommendations and investment structuring recommendations.
2. You will be required to attend and/or coordinate company management visits
3. You will be required to communicate your insights and findings to the Portfolio Managers
4. You will be required to support the decision-making of the Portfolio Managers
5. Clear articulation of investment process and consistent application of investment philosophy and style against investment process.
6. Aid in delivering quartile 2 or better performance with the funds managed
7. Provide thought leadership to the franchise team specifically and to the investment team in general, to assist in delivering superior Absolute Returns to our clients (The aim is to be seen as “the name” in the investment industry)
8. Actively market the funds managed to both institutional and retail investors/clients
9. Actively engage in and promote debates within the franchise and investment teams to challenge the investment status quo where appropriate.
10. Engage with the media as and when required
The candidate must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience within the investment industry, with at least 2 years within a research analyst role. Ideally the candidate will come from a Proprietary Trading desk, Corporate Finance, Private Equity, Hedge Fund or Absolute Return background.
A background in the following is advantageous:
• Understanding of Asset Allocation on SAA and TAA basis
• Understanding of Derivatives
• Balance sheet structuring
The candidate should have a minimum degree which is relevant to the sector(s) which he/she is covering. A MBA, MSc, CFA could be an advantageous as well as a background of diverse experiences.
Please send your updated CV to Thandi at firstname.lastname@example.org